- Are you an ambitious Accountant with strong analytical and project management skills?
- Do you enjoy actively challenging yourself and holding a high bar for excellence?
- Are you looking to be part of a team where you have great level of ownership and produce work that influences strategy and decision-making?
- Does the idea of working across technology startups, agriculture, investment funds, education, and non-profits get you excited?
- And are you driven primarily by impact and looking to utilize your skills in work that makes a positive difference in the world?
If your answer is a resounding ‘YES!’ KiwiConnect is offering a unique opportunity to join our service-driven and globally minded organisation.
KiwiConnect is building global bridges with New Zealand, Silicon Valley, and global citizens everywhere to attract talented minds, impact capital, and innovative projects to the New Zealand start-up ecosystem. We support outstanding entrepreneurs driven by impact and projects that solve meaningful problems locally as well as at a global scale.
We are an international group of passionate entrepreneurs with a track record of founding, funding, and scaling high impact enterprises. We believe New Zealand has a unique potential to incubate technology-enabled solutions that can scale globally, and KiwiConnect is tapping into that entrepreneurial spirit to further develop a supportive ecosystem. You can learn more about us at www.kiwiconnect.nz.
We are looking for a driven, detail oriented, highly analytical, and well-rounded Accountant to join our team. You will work closely with our entire team and our partners at a top accounting firm to manage complex accounting, tax, and bookkeeping systems. You will also be the lead on several accounting and operational projects that will allow you to develop new skills, gain tremendous exposure to various industries and sectors, and be part of a fast-growing company’s success. Your role will challenge you with meaningful work and provide you with the support and freedom for accelerated personal development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage accounts payable and receivable for KiwiConnect and its portfolio companies. You will integrate into the operations of all these companies.
- Be part of crafting world-class accounting systems and processes using advanced technologies.
- Develop regular financial reports on diverse set of projects that will influence decision-making. Run financial analysis and create budgets.
- Manage various operational projects, liaising with our team and external vendors.
- Prepare GST returns.
- Work with our accounting firm to create annual returns and international filings.
- Manage weekly payroll administration using SmartPayroll.
Does this sound like you?
- You love what you do, and you strive to excel in your profession.
- You have 2-4 years of experience in a results-oriented accounting role.
- You have a strong commitment to excellence, you are actively learning, and and hold a high bar for yourself.
- You are very organised with strong attention to detail.
- You enjoy solving analytical problems.
- Complexity doesn’t scare you. Instead the challenge gets you excited.
- Your professionalism inspires trust and confidence from others, while your down-to-earth approach makes you approachable and easy to work with.
- You are trustworthy and have a strong ethical core.
- Taking initiative and being proactive come naturally to you, and you can self-manage.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You understand New Zealand tax laws.
- Include the word “detail” in the subject line of your application.
- High proficiency in accounting software, including Xero and Microsoft Excel.
Make the leap
KiwiConnect can offer you:
- Competitive pay and upside.
- A unique opportunity to learn, grow, and excel as an accountant, project manager, and leader.
- Flexible work environment, including work-from-home arrangements.
- A highly accomplished team that values people, the planet, and fun!
If this opportunity excites you, please email us your CV. Or if you know someone who might be a good fit, please share this description. Thank you!